Modo 15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modo 15

Hello, I would like to know if have you planned a version of vray plugin for modo 15 and if it will be the Vray 5 release or the Vray next. Thanks, Roy

Yeah, I would also love to know when we can expect this release, even if it's just to justify last years subscription fee.

Comment

There's zero indication Chaos is working on either of these scenarios. There are numbers threads here and elsewhere for many months, as well as accounts of customers contacting support directly. In every case the response has been either "no comment" but mostly no comment at all. I'm no longer counting on Vray and looking to migrate to other solutions as soon as practical. I'm no longer using Vray for any new projects as I do not wish to dig a further hole for myself.

Comment

Good people at Chaos. If it's dead could you please just tell us, your customers, so that we may have closure and move on?

Comment

i also working with Unreal (v-ray 5 comming out now),
          and it will be nice if we can have also v-Ray 5 for modo for transfering scene between modo and unreal
          can you give us a release date ? to help us moving forward.

Thank you
          Have a nice day.
          Daniel

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	71431528.jpg
Views:	835
Size:	123.5 KB
ID:	1123346
            Attached Files

Comment

Looks very dead.

By the way, why is the official download of V-Ray Next for Modo still the old April 2019 Build. As far as I know there's more feature rich versions available only as nightlies. I used to have access to nightlies, but then I didn't have access anymore. Then I briefly had access again and now it appears that I no longer have access. I just want the latest, most up to date build for Modo...

Can't all the changes be wrapped up in a nice official build?
              Last edited by neverko; 27-08-2021, 08:53 AM.

Comment

I have asked repeatedly for them to update the official release. If we use the nightlies we cannot use any cloud render service except chaos cloud. The difference is too great.

Comment

The main difference is the triplanes mapping became easier to use. Some other changes too. But I had no problem rendering my scenes on garage farm despite the waring message. Anyway, its just a matter of time till V-ray 4.0 won't work anymore on Chaos Cloud, not sure if the give you your money back then.

Comment

My scenes were rendering on garage farm but there was something wrong with lighting. I finally just asked last week if they could support 4.30 in the nightlies and they did it straight away.

Comment

Originally posted by Angus Hume View Post
                      My scenes were rendering on garage farm but there was something wrong with lighting. I finally just asked last week if they could support 4.30 in the nightlies and they did it straight away.
                      Yes, you have to switch off adaptive sampling for domelights otherwise you get excessive noise in your renderings. I told garage farm already in January to display a warning message until its fixed but it has still not happend.
                      www.ingoerikmoltzen.com

Comment

That seems to be related to EIS Adaptiv mode. I had some problems in that build with it. Especially affecting shadow catchers. So I leave also that off by default. Anyway, until we have V-Ray 5.0 we can't really give feedback on other stuff. And 5.0 has also some other quirks.

Comment

Are we ever getting a final, public build of V-Ray 4 as a farewell gift now that V-Ray for Modo is utterly dead?

Comment

Working...
                          X