Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray for modo, Mac version ?

Hi there.

Title says it all, will there be a Vray for modo beta on Mac Os X platform ?
    Would really like to test it when it's available, hopefully in a not so long time ?

Cheers,
    Laurent.

We hope that it will be possible for the final release. For the moment, our biggest problem is how to show the rendered image - we can't use the V-Ray VFB on the Mac in the same way as we do on Windows, and the Modo SDK does not allow access to Modo's own render view. Hopefully the second part will change.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
      We hope that it will be possible for the final release. For the moment, our biggest problem is how to show the rendered image - we can't use the V-Ray VFB on the Mac in the same way as we do on Windows, and the Modo SDK does not allow access to Modo's own render view. Hopefully the second part will change.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      Hi Vlado and thank you for your quick reply, much appreciated.

Let's hope you'll find a solution to this problem with the guys @ TheFoundry, would love to be able to use Vray in conjunction with modo on my Mac.

Cheers,
      Laurent.

Comment

ouch. let's look if there will be a solution soon for this.

cheers

markus

Comment

Oomf. Was so pumped to try out vray with modo and have been a long time user of vrayforc4d! This is truly the last thing have been waiting for to go 100% with modo for all my 3d work. With the last several major releases (401 on) of modo, I have been using c4d less and less. The after effects bridge release the other week was awesome and when I learned the vray for modo beta was open I thought I was nearly complete having to execute my modo to c4d (for vray) to ae or nuke workflow. I'm sure Vlado and team will get this sorted, just hope I can help out on the beta on the Mac before the first official release.

Comment

I think there is a way to do it.
            Maxwell´s Previewer: FIRE is inside MODO available as a floating Window or optionally integrated into the MODO Interface.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	CiOfSVg.png
Views:	1
Size:	119.1 KB
ID:	854053
            Click image for larger version

Name:	5c8PJHp.png
Views:	1
Size:	124.2 KB
ID:	854054

Comment

Originally posted by vmodo View Post
              I think there is a way to do it. Maxwell´s Previewer: FIRE is inside MODO available as a floating Window or optionally integrated into the MODO Interface.
              There is a way to show a frame with an image, yes. But this is not what we want to do - both the V-Ray VFB and the Modo render view have additional capabilities (i.e. in the V-Ray VFB you can flip between the render channels, save the image etc, zoom in and out etc...). Duplicating this functionality yet again for a Modo window doesn't make sense.

Best regards,
              Vlado
              I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

I understand.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post

Best regards,
                  Vlado
                  Yea, the Octane for MODO plugin developer has hit somewhat similar limitations with MODO. I hope the presence of V-Ray gives enough motivation to open things up.

Comment

Working...
                  X