Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRaymesh / Vrayproxy

Hi,

Is there a way to create and export vraymesh file inside modo ?

Not yet, I've started work on this though. This will be the next new feature for the plug-in.

Greetings,
    Vladimir Nedev
    Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Great! Thanks!

Comment

So, this feature is in the latest 3.00.02 beta build. There is now a "Convert to V-Ray Proxy" command in the "V-Ray Menu" and "V-Ray Toolbox".
        The underlying MODO command is called "vray.createProxy" and can be used for scripting.

There is more info on limitations and possible workflows here :

http://forums.chaosgroup.com/showthr...roxy-materials

Greetings,
        Vladimir Nedev
        Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Thank you very much for this I tried it already. Works good for me. Problems I can see now:

- not easy to move proxy from one scene to other due to not stored material in vraymesh file
          - opengl preview sometimes flickers for some unknown reason, turning on/off when rotating viewport

other than that its great to see vrayproxy power inside modo Cant wait to try it in more complicated scene

Comment

For the materials : like I mentioned in the other thread, one possible workflow is to make sure all masks affecting the proxy have a common parent mask in the shader tree.
            Then you make a MODO material preset from that parent mask. In any new scene you can first create the V-Ray proxy and then use the material preset.
            This way you have two separate files that go together (the vrmesh and the preset), but you also have the flexibility of having different material presets for the same vrmesh file
            (they do need to have the same material tags).

About the flickering issue : I haven't run into that. If you can send me a scene that exhibits this behavior it will be very helpful.

Greetings,
            Vladimir Nedev

Comment

Working...
            X