Vray material has no amount parameter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray material has no amount parameter

Greetings, i think i know the answer but i will ask just in case ; i realize the vray material has no amount parameter to balance the shader, does it mean that vray 3.0 is always balanced shader wise or its just missing in modo these parameters?

It is just missing, we may add it at some point. The question is do we add a separate amount channel for all color channels (reflection, refraction, self-illumination, etc.).
    You can use the "value" input of modo's color picker to basically do the same thing. Although it might not be as convenient.

Greetings,
    Vladimir Nedev
    Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Thanks for answering, i actually thought it was not necessary anymore. In that case, my humble point of view world be to add one per channel. Having the option of controlling that independently for diffuse, reflection and refraction is very beneficial in production. I use it everyday at work and would be nice to keep it. Thanks for the info

Comment

Hi there,

I'm actually finding it much faster to set up materials without the amount parameter in there, just dealing with the colour value seems to work much better for me.

Just my opinion

Great integration into Modo by the way! I've been setting up some cars and it's just a joy to work with!

All the best

Stuart

Comment

Working...
        X