Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OpenSubdiv Creases

Hi!

Are there plans to support Psub crease values when using "Ignore MODO subdivision" and using OpenSubdiv / V-Ray Subdivision to subdivide a mesh during render time?
    AFAIK Psubs should be very compatible with the official OpenSubdiv method. (?)

Cheers
    Steffen

Yes, but only for the OpenSubdiv method. I just need to export them, as internally V-Ray already gives this information to the OpenSubdiv library. But I haven't
    checked, if the representations are compatible yet.

Greetings,
    Vladimir Nedev
    Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Very Nice!

Comment

So this is implemented for the next Beta build. It works only with OpenSubdiv, and not with V-Ray subdivision, like I mentioned.
        The sharpness(weight) values seem compatible (with a little conversion) between V-Ray and MODO but only when using MODO's Catmull-Clark(PSUB) subdivision type.

Also V-Ray always computes the normals for subdivided triangles by smoothing their geometric normals, which results in rounded edges even when they are set to infinite sharpness.
        I am not sure whether that's an oversight, or is intended. If you want to create a perfectly sharp corner, you can do this by increasing the "subdivision level".

Greetings,
        Vladimir Nedev
        Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Wow! This sounds very promising!

Thanks
          Steffen

Comment

Working...
          X