Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Layout and VFB Window

Hello,

in modo you can change the layout of the workspace and you can create as many as you need.
    Is it possible for the customer to integrate the "VFB window" into the viewport layout?
    You can find me on ... Flickr

Not for the moment. It might be easier in the Linux version of Modo where the interface is all Qt, but it's unlikely for Windows and Mac until (and if) they also switch to Qt.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

thank you for your quick answer! I am not sure if I should always say thank you I don't wanna spam you with needless emails notification. Anyway thank you
      You can find me on ... Flickr

Comment

Hello all

With maxwell render for modo, it seems possible to have into interface, it is possible purpose two possibilities ? choice between use buffer modo or buffer vray (similar to choice in maya 'use v-vray VFB' http://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/V...A/V-Ray+Common) , go to 1'25 minutes :

Many thanks
        Last edited by gaia; 24-12-2014, 07:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by gaia View Post
          Hello all

With maxwell render for modo, it seems possible to have into interface, it is possible purpose two possibilities ? choice between use buffer modo or buffer vray (similar to choice in maya 'use v-vray VFB' http://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/V...A/V-Ray+Common) , go to 1'25 minutes :

Many thanks
          I am still scratching my head how they did this. It doesn't seem to be possible from the API directly, maybe they hacked it in some way.
          I will ask the MODO guys, hopefully they let me in on the secret.

In any case it won't be the whole VFB window docked, just the rendered image. Docking the whole VFB window might be possible
          when(if) the Windows/Mac versions of MODO start using the QT library for the interface.

Greetings,
          Vladimir Nedev
          Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

thank you Vladimir , just the rendered image will already great.

Comment

For tomorrow's nightly build (the one from 2015-07-21), I have switched our VFB window to use the Qt framework, on both Windows and Mac.
              The VFB can now be docked in MODO's UI, but it can have only one copy. If you try to dock it in multiple panes simultaneously, it will show only in the last pane, and the rest will have a "Dock here" button.

The build will come with 2 new layouts in MODO's switcher bar:
              - Render V-Ray - basically the Render layout from MODO, but the Preview is replaced by our VFB
              - V-Ray VFB - only the VFB on its own, useful for browsing the VFB history in full-screen or applying color corrections

When you click the "Show VFB" button, it will now open a MODO window, with the VFB docked inside it.

Some important notes:

- because the VFB window is now a complete part of MODO's UI, when production rendering in V-Ray, the MODO UI can still be partially interacted with,
              but you shouldn't open/close scenes or try to modify the current scene, as that can potentially cause crashes in MODO or V-Ray.
              You should stick to interacting with the VFB only - applying color corrections, changing channels, zooming on the image being rendered, etc...

- closing the VFB window no longer stops V-Ray RT. This is because I can't detect when the user is just switching between layouts.
              So be careful, RT will still be running in the background after you close the separate VFB window.

- you can replace any MODO viewport with the VFB by selecting "Application -> Custom View -> vray.view.vfb" for the Viewport. See image :

Click image for larger version

Name:	vray.viewport.png
Views:	1
Size:	162.2 KB
ID:	857894

Note that we can't port these changes back to MODO 701/801. So the VFB will be dockable only in MODO 901 and later.

Here are some screen-shots of how the VFB looks after these changes:

Click image for larger version

Name:	render_vray_layout.jpg
Size:	354.2 KB
ID:	857895Click image for larger version

Name:	vray_vfb_layout.jpg
Size:	360.9 KB
ID:	857896

Greetings,
              Vladimir Nedev
              Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Thanks Vladimir, it look nice! Cant wait to test it

Comment

Thanks Vladimir, it looks great.
                  Maybe you could improve it a bit by removing Modo's Render and Render Window buttons to avoid accidentally clicking on it (and maybe make Vray's render and preview buttons wider?). Also I think you could remove Modo's render passes tab on the top right to save some screen space. Also you could add Vray's packages (add and remove them) and Convert to Vray Proxy on a new tab next to Properties and Groups.
                  Last edited by janko22; 21-07-2015, 02:17 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X