Rendering Animations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rendering Animations

Just question that, when rendering animation with Modo I get a dialog that ask me frame range and weather I want to save layered files or single files and then proceed to save dialog.
    With Vray I don't get that dialog and it look like Vray takes the path from the output channels in the shader tree. Which is not totally wrong but that way you can't save layered files like EXRs, also it seems like Vray doesn't save any output channels. At least I didn't get some. Also EXRs seem to be saved as 8bit always.

Thats really sad, I would love to test Vrays Animation features, but I can't find anything in the tools that helps me do so.

I need to implement the dialog thing at some point, it is more convenient than having to change channels in the "Render" and "Final Color Output" items.

V-Ray will take the output filename path only from the "Final Color Output" item. The V-Ray core doesn't support having different paths for the different
    render elements, just a different suffix to the filename. In V-Ray for MODO's case the suffix is the name of the render output item in the Shader Tree.

If you want to save layered EXR files, just choose one of the "Tiled EXR" formats from the "Output filename" Browse... dialog. This will also switch the VFB
    to "preview" mode though. I assumed that the tiled format will be used for huge render resolutions only, but it is required for saving all render outputs to a single EXR as well.

I've checked the resulting .exr files with the "exrheader.exe" utility from the EXR SDK, and they respect whether you've chosen 16-bit or 32-bit EXR.

Greetings,
    Vladimir Nedev
    Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Ok, as tiled exr it seems to work. I'm not sure why normal EXR not work.
      - However I get no channel in an item mask. Item mask panic...
      - When rendering a .psd file I get separated png files for each channel.
      - The file save dialog in the V-Ray Frame buffer doesn't save anything.

Comment

With normal EXR, each render output/element will be saved in a separate file.
        I don't think we support saving to .psd files, only loading as textures.
        The VFB save button seems to work for me, it has a drop-down menu (hold the left-mouse button for it to show),
        where you can choose to :
        - save the currently selected render element (the default)
        - save all render elements in separate files
        - save all render elements in a single layered exr or vrimg file

Greetings,
        Vladimir Nedev
        Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Hm, it seem to work sometimes, sometimes not. I will try to find the reason.

What about item masks?

Comment

By "item masks" I assume you mean an Alpha render output that is being masked in the Shader Tree ? It's on the todo list (the shorter version of the todo list actually).
            As a work-around you can probably use MODO's renderer to generate the item masks (with some simple material and no-GI to speed-up the rendering).

Greetings,
            Vladimir Nedev

Comment

Where do i tell vray what format and where to save rendered frames anyway? I'm rendering animation, but nothing is getting saved anywhere I can find!?

Comment

Originally posted by alexokita View Post
                Where do i tell vray what format and where to save rendered frames anyway? I'm rendering animation, but nothing is getting saved anywhere I can find!?
                In the Output Filename of the Final Color Output item in the Shader Tree.
                I will add the choice for file to the Render Animation with V-Ray command, most likely for the next service pack.

Greetings,
                Vladimir Nedev

Comment

Just question that, when rendering animation with Modo I get a dialog that ask me frame range and weather I want to save layered files or single files and then proceed to save dialog.
                  This is finally added for tomorrow's nightly build ( 2016.08.10 ) , for both the Render with V-Ray and Render animation with V-Ray commands.
                  The file dialog that pops up will let you choose any of the supported formats in V-Ray.

Click image for larger version

Name:	choose_output_image.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	25.8 KB
ID:	863017

Click image for larger version

Name:	vray_image_formats.png
Views:	1
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	863018

Greetings,
                  Vladimir Nedev

Comment

Thanks Vladimir!

Comment

you can go to lynda.com . it has comprehensive tutorials rendering animation with Modo

Also with Vray and3ds max
                      Last edited by yusofadibmanesh; 02-07-2023, 04:59 PM.
                      I'll teach you the skills necessary to stand out from the crowd. Whether it’s a personal passion or a business pursuit, you can learn video, photography, art, design, marketing skills and more.Step-by-step tutorials and project-based 3ds max and v-ray learning.

Comment

Originally posted by vladimir.nedev View Post
                        The V-Ray core doesn't support having different paths for the different render elements...

Greetings,
                        Vladimir Nedev
                        Is this still the case in V-Ray 3.6? I can't get it to work and I just wanted to know if it was an error on my end, or not a feature yet. Thanks.
                        - Larry

Comment

Different paths for different render elements are still not supported.

Greetings,
                          Vladimir Nedev

Comment

Originally posted by vladimir.nedev View Post
                            Different paths for different render elements are still not supported.

Greetings,
                            Vladimir Nedev
                            Thank you for the info. Is this something on the list for a later release or not on the list as of yet?

Comment

Originally posted by larry.vasquez View Post
                              Thank you for the info. Is this something on the list for a later release or not on the list as of yet?
                              No, I don't think we will support this.

Greetings,
                              Vladimir Nedev

Comment

Working...
                              X