Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-Ray 3.4 to 3.5 Upgrade

Hi Guys

First post here. Seriously thinking about purchasing VRay for Modo. As work on 3.5 is is happening, is there usually a nominal fee to upgrade? As a hobbyist, I need to look after my budget and concerned about the potential expense of upgrading.

Thanks in advance.

Pete

Hi!

I'm wondering the same thing too. : ) And I'm a hobbyist as well.

Just purchased the V-Ray for Modo plug-in not too long ago.

Sincerely, I hope it will be free to current users, as it is a .x update, but that being said, I'm aware that it will contain a number of new and great features,
    which are all derived from a lot of work from the dev team. Thanks to the team!

If it won't be free, I hope the cost will be reasonable and affordable.

Thanks!

Leo

Comment

From my experience so far, they only charge for higher version steps...last one was from 2.4 to 3.0....so if they keep it that way the next paid update would be after the introduction of V-Ray 4.0.

Updates were also very reasonable priced in the past, for both, the standalone versions as well as the workstation versions (the plugins for MAYA/MAX/MODO), and there used to be bundles for the standalone-version like 5 or 10 or more licenses making updating renderfarms (f.ex in my case 12 standalone-licenses) really affordable especially for smaller studios like mine.

This is of course not carved in stone. I guess the sales team can give you more detailed informations if needed
      Volker Troy

www.pixelwerk.at

+43 (0) 664 / 3 820 810
      Radetzkystrasse 102 a
      A-6845 Hohenems
      Austria

Comment

Hi Volker Troy,

Thanks very much for the info! Much appreciated!

Comment

Hi!

While browsing the main Chaos Group site, I discovered that V-Ray 3.5 for Max and Maya are free updates to existing users.
          So I guess it's quite safe to assume that this will be the case for Modo users as well.

Pixelwerk, I noticed some of your work in the gallery, inspiring stuff!

Comment

V-Ray for Modo 3.5 will be a free upgrade.

Best regards,
            Vlado
            I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Thanks very much for that confirmation, Vlado! : )

Comment

Hi Guys.

Thanks for your thoughts guys, and thanks vlado, for confirming.

Comment

Yes but when?
                  I need 3.5 to use, procedural shading!
                  .)
                  h?h

Comment

You can use the nightly builds until we make the official release.
                    They are here : https://nightlies.chaosgroup.com/mai...oshi/nightlies

Everyone who purchases a V-Ray for MODO license should've received access.
                    If for some reason this didn't happen, send an e-mail to support@chaosgroup.com and they will fix it.

Greetings,
                    Vladimir Nedev
                    Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Yes I know there is buildies. But I can't use it in production? Can I

Comment

Unless you rely on an external render farm that's still on 3.4, I see no reason why you can't use it in production.
                        These nightly builds are based on the same V-Ray core as the recent 3.5 releases of V-Ray for Max and Maya, so they are at least as stable.

Greetings,
                        Vladimir Nedev
                        Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Working...
                        X