Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you recreate this effect with V-Ray?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you recreate this effect with V-Ray?

Hi there,

I love Modo native SSS to do effects as the attached image. As you can see, one can easily multiply the Subsurface Amount to get really glowing and intense effects.

I'm just wondering if this very same effect is doable with V-Ray. If so, please, I beg you explain me how! I'm also linking this Modo scene, in case anybody would like to give a try on it... https://www.dropbox.com/s/gph8wyfjxg..._Modo.zip?dl=0

Thanks a bunch!

Hey Rarz,

Thank you for the post. Yes, the MODO SSS is nice. I'll try to send my version of this next week. Meanwhile, have a look at my last month test.

With V-Ray you can achieve the result as the render will be decent and faster.

Cheers,
    Boyan Nalchadjiiski | QA Engineer @ Chaos |
    E-mail: boyan.nalchadjiiski@chaos.com

Comment

Hi Boyan. Thank you for your reply. Your raspberry is a very similar example to what I'm looking for. Is there a way you can pump up the SSS intensity to look more like my scene? Also, I can see you have included VRay Dirt. Is it used to mask the the SSS intensity I suppose?

Comment

Okay, this is the closest I've got with VRay. I used fog and not SSS. It starts to look interesting but if you compare it with Modo render it lacks these little subtle glows/variations. Call me picky but I really like these details, it brings a lot of life... Is there any way to get VRay render any closer? Thanks!
        Last edited by rarz; 29-07-2017, 02:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X