How to Launch render node?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Launch render node?

It has been a while since I had to launch the render node and now I forgot how. How can I go about launching a render node on a PC? I think with Command line as there doesn't seem to be an "app" icon to double click.

On Windows 10, just look for "Launch V-Ray render slave" in the start menu.
    Just make sure it's the V-Ray for Modo one and not some other, in case you have multiple V-Ray integrations installed.
    Honestly I don't know how you can check for this, the Windows 10 start menu is very confusing to me.

On Windows 7, it's under Start menu -> Chaos Group -> V-Ray for Modo...

Greetings,
    Vladimir Nedev
    Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Thank you, Vlad. That works. Although I have a new problem. When RT Engines starts on the slave, I get an error message.....

Unhandled exception occurred, while applying changes to scene
      Closing RT Engine

Comment

Originally posted by Danielhruby View Post
        Thank you, Vlad. That works. Although I have a new problem. When RT Engines starts on the slave, I get an error message.....

Unhandled exception occurred, while applying changes to scene
        Closing RT Engine
        This particular bug is fixed in the latest nightly builds, it was a last minute change before the release that broke it.

Edit: Note that there are still some issues with particular types of updates like changing mesh vertices/edges/polygons or assigning material tags, when you have DR enabled with RT.

Greetings,
        Vladimir Nedev
        Last edited by vladimir.nedev; 10-05-2019, 05:17 AM.
        Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Where can I get that latest build? If I look on Downloads Page, it says the latest version of VRay for Modo 13 is April 24.

Comment

The nightly builds for V-Ray 4.x for Modo are here : https://nightlies.chaosgroup.com/mai...y4modo/nightly
            If you don't have access, please e-mail support@chaosgroup.com to give you access.

Greetings,
            Vladimir Nedev

Comment

I assume this is the installer to download? I try to run the Mac installer but nothing happens after double clicking the file.

Comment

No, these are very old builds.

The folder is called V-Ray 4 for Modo - nightly.

It seems you don't have access to it, so you have to ask support to give you access.

Greetings,
                Vladimir Nedev

Comment

There are some VRay for Blender builds in the 510 nightly folder, but nothing for modo. Can you send me a direct link?
                  The PC Slave is failing to launch its RT Engine during Previewing on the Master, do I need a different install for the PC? IE VRAY Standalone or just the PC Install of VRAY 4 for Modo? Would you mind giving me a direct download link to the installer I should use for Mac OS?

Comment

There are some VRay for Blender builds in the 510 nightly folder, but nothing for modo. Can you send me a direct link?
                    I gave you a direct link, but you don't have access, you have to write an e-mail to support@chaosgroup.com requesting access to the nightly builds for V-Ray Next for Modo.

The PC Slave is failing to launch its RT Engine during Previewing on the Master, do I need a different install for the PC? IE VRAY Standalone or just the PC Install of VRAY 4 for Modo? Would you mind giving me a direct download link to the installer I should use for Mac OS?
                    You can just install V-Ray for Modo, you don't even need Modo installed on the slave.

Greetings,
                    Vladimir Nedev

Comment

Hi Vlad,

I was having exactly this same issue listed above, with the same error code.

Now, as soon as I engage RT with DR enabled, it crashes Modo instantly as the preparing scene progress bar appears.

I followed the instructions you posted above and downloaded the latest Modo nightly build from here: https://nightlies.chaosgroup.com/mai...ghtly/20200803

The scene I'm testing with is a freshly loaded default Modo scene, just with a basic sphere added. Image pasted below.
                      • Modo version is 13.2v1. [edit: I've also just downloaded Modo version 14.1v1 and tested it again with the same result]
                      • Vray Adv nightly version is 43000.
                      • Windows 10 - 1909 version
                      Thanks for any advice!

-Jeff

Click image for larger version  Name:	Annotation 2020-08-05 182126.png Views:	0 Size:	77.4 KB ID:	1080086
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by jeffkrigstein; 06-08-2020, 06:17 PM.

Comment

vladimir.nedev can you offer any advice on the above? Thanks for any guidance.

Comment

Hey, Jeff,

Thank you for the post. The issue is added to our system and in order to avoid it please do not disable use the local machine option from DR preferences when you do this at least Modo won't crash.

Cheers,
                          Boyan Nalchadjiiski | QA Engineer @ Chaos |
                          E-mail: boyan.nalchadjiiski@chaos.com

Comment

Now, as soon as I engage RT with DR enabled, it crashes Modo instantly as the preparing scene progress bar appears.
                            This crash will be fixed for the 2020.09.07 nightly build.
                            It happened when using GPU rendering with DR from within Modo (V-Ray Standalone was not affected).

Greetings,
                            Vladimir Nedev

Comment

Working...
                            X