Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cuda Error 700 while rendering animation with GPU

Hello,

I'm using vray 4 and I'm having a lot of Cuda Error 700 (cf attached image) using modo 11 or 13 and most of the time modo crashes
    I have two Gtx 1070 gpu and have errors only when using the two gpus, if I use only one of them it's ok
    I don't use c++ cpu
    I don't have problem using RT
    I have installed the latest drivers from nvidia
    Is there a stable version you recommand to use with vray for modo ?

To go faster when I relaunch modo I'm using this command line : "?vray.render.animation {} gpu {} {} true simpleRange 73 145 1 {}"
    However modo always ask where to put render images. Is there a command to automatically specify the path and image name so I can relaunch renders with one or two commands ?

Thanks
    Last edited by ratus69; 12-05-2019, 03:06 AM.

Ok after investigating, it looks like it comes from udim textures
    I don't know if this feature is supported by gpu render as these textures don't render with gpu
    What is strange is that these textures render well with RT gpu...

Comment

Hey,

Thank you for the feedback. About the Cuda 700 error, I will need more information in order to clear the situation about it.

About the syntax of Render Animation you can use: vray.render.animation {} gpu "E:\WIP\your_file_name" TIF false simpleRange 25 35 1 {}. This is meaning - render animation with V-Ray GPU as filename is "E:\WIP\your_file_name", filetype is TIF, and GPU will render 25-30 frames with 1 step per frame)

Cheers,
      Boyan Nalchadjiiski | QA Engineer @ Chaos |
      E-mail: boyan.nalchadjiiski@chaos.com

Comment

Thank you for the command boyan, it will be usefull
        If you need more info about the crash let me know
        Regards

Comment

We need the scene for investigation.
          You can send it to support with a link to this thread.

Greetings,
          Vladimir Nedev
          Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Vladimir, there's no way to attach files using Contact Support (https://www.chaosgroup.com/support/contact)
            Ah ok perhaps on support@chaosgroup.com

Comment

Hey, Ratus,

Thank you for the feedback. Can you clean the Nvidia cache folder (delete all) %AppData%\NVIDIA\ and run the scene file once .

Cheers,

Boyan Nalchadjiiski | QA Engineer @ Chaos |
              E-mail: boyan.nalchadjiiski@chaos.com

Comment

Hi boyan,
                Thanks for your support, I'll try to clean the Nvidia cache folder and will tell you if there's still a problem with it

Comment

Working...
                X