Render outputs does not respect anti-aliasin checkbox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Render outputs does not respect anti-aliasin checkbox

I'm trying to render a few (not all) of my render outputs without aa (depth, motion-vector, world position) but even if I uncheck the "anti-aliasing" checkbox in settings the result has filtered edges. Is this expected? Workaround?

Attached Files

We actually have an unfixed issue for this, I will bump it and link it to this thread.

Greetings,
    Vladimir Nedev
    Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Hey,

Workaround -> Use Object ID Render element ---- First you need to enable the V-Ray object properties to selected mesh and next to assign the specific ID. Activate the V-Ray Additional RE Output and enable Object ID RE.
      Click image for larger version  Name:	2019-05-30_16-52-38.gif Views:	1 Size:	1.07 MB ID:	1037681

And result .... Obj_ID_Mottion_blur.zip

Cheers,

Last edited by boyan; 30-05-2019, 07:01 AM.
      Boyan Nalchadjiiski | QA Engineer @ Chaos |
      E-mail: boyan.nalchadjiiski@chaos.com

Comment

hi,

i try to have the depth and motion with no AA, any workaround, depth with AA is really not good for production
        Have nice week-end
        Best Regards,
        Daniel

Comment

Hi Dev team,

Sorry to disturb you, but I'm going to start an animation rendering of 6min long, I find this bug important enough.
          it's the basis for a good compositing, I have transparency and v-ray can see through but not Modo.
          can you fix this?
          thank you verry much for your help.
          Best Regards
          Daniel
          Attached Files

Comment

Hey, Daniel,

Thanks for the feedback.

a/ About the depth + Motion blur RE - I think is not possible to get depth with the unpremultiply color option render it, neither Modo, the default renderer, can't do it. However, If you use Object ID/ Render ID and clip mask of the Depth RE you can do it, I think.
            b/ Motion Blur - you can create the specific render pass group for motion blur only and disable the AA settings from V-Ray Main -> AA filter. In this case, you can disable the glass door or any other static geometry to speedup rendering.

c/ Can you be more specific about the second post -- what do you meaning with "I have transparency and v-ray can see through but not Modo." ?

One more thing: Switch the V-Ray Glass material option - Refraction layer -> Affect alpha to "All channels" in order to see through the glass.

Click image for larger version

Name:	modo_2019-08-21_13-37-31.png
Views:	209
Size:	39.4 KB
ID:	1046059

Cheers,
            Last edited by boyan; 21-08-2019, 03:38 AM.

Comment

Hi Boyan,

Thank's for your response.
              i made you a video to show you my issue. Unfortualty with the render ID workaround is not possible for my i have almost 10'000 piece .

thank you for your help,
              Best Regards
              Daniel
              Last edited by dpotuznik; 22-08-2019, 03:53 AM. Reason: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psEow-5FC_Q

Comment

Hey, Daniel,

Thanks for the response. Please add the video link to the forum section. This plugging is not allowed. About the Depth RE - as I wrote not sure, what render engine can do it to ignore the AA to depth pass. Can you show me the example of Depth RE with unpremultiply edges?

Cheers

Comment

Hello Boyan,

Thank you for your response,
                  sorry i am new on the forum (and Vray) i am not sure for the video i use the youtube icon on the toolbars to insert the video ( i try with the other one it is ok like this? )

for the depth path i am not shure what you asking , i try to do like it's explained on the doc (https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/...r+%7C+Velocity ) bottom of the page (juste uncheck antialiasing)

but if i do that, it's working with Modo but not with V-Ray with adaptive render , or it is an another way to do ?

Thank you or your help.
                  Best Regards
                  Daniel

Attached Files

Comment

Hey, Daniel,

Yes, yes, my fault indeed. The AA option for Depth/Motion/ RE especially is in progress, is not implemented yet, that's why won't be visible in your renders. Sorry for this misleading. Unfortunately, I think there is no workaround for it.

Keep you posted about it when the feature is added to release.

Cheers,

Comment

Hi Boyan,

thank you for your response,,
                      I understand, hope is fixed soon

have a nice sunday.
                      Best Regards,
                      Daniel

Comment

I'm trying to render a few (not all) of my render outputs without aa (depth, motion-vector, world position) but even if I uncheck the "anti-aliasing" checkbox in settings the result has filtered edges. Is this expected? Workaround?
                        This should be fixed for tomorrow's nightly build ( the one from 2019.10.19 ).
                        Sorry for the long wait on this simple yet important issue.

Greetings,
                        Vladimir Nedev
                        Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Thanks Vladimir, that really good to hear. For compositing it's super useful to be able to use no AA for data passes.

I noticed it "only" works for Adaptive sampling though, is that a known limitation/bug? Works on both GPU and CPU though .

Comment

Originally posted by simonbjork View Post
                            Thanks Vladimir, that really good to hear. For compositing it's super useful to be able to use no AA for data passes.

I noticed it "only" works for Adaptive sampling though, is that a known limitation/bug? Works on both GPU and CPU though .
                            Yes, it's a known issue. In V-Ray for 3ds Max you get a warning about this in the log. The warning was added relatively recently.

I don't know more, but my guess is that's not something that can be easily fixed.

Greetings,
                            Vladimir Nedev

Comment

Working...
                            X