V-Ray Physical Camera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-Ray Physical Camera

Considering the importance of the V-Ray Physical Camera options in setting exposure levels - seemingly the only way in Modo - I have to wonder why the option is buried in the V-Ray Toolbox pop-up? Nothing in the main V-Ray menu or via the Kit. Can this tab not be added automatically maybe with an option to disable? It would also be nice if cameras and lights weren't inundated with unnecessary vray material tabs. Trying V-Ray for Modo for the first time, being a longtime Max/V-Ray user, so these UX issues while minor, really stood out...

Hey,

You can enable it and make it by default -> Preferences -> V-Ray Renderer -> V-Ray Packages -> Automatically add V-Ray Physica Camera. The second way is to use Ctrl + Middle mouse wheel when RT is enabled.

Cheers,
    Boyan Nalchadjiiski | QA Engineer @ Chaos |
    E-mail: boyan.nalchadjiiski@chaos.com

Comment

Nothing in the main V-Ray menu or via the Kit.
      It's under Add or Remove V-Ray package in the V-Ray menu. And under the P+ icon in the V-Ray toolbar.

Can this tab not be added automatically maybe with an option to disable?
      There is a preference for this, see screen-shot. It's what Boyan mentioned.

And like he mentioned, the quickest way to add the Physical camera properties is to middle mouse scroll in the VFB with Ctrl pressed, while RT/IPR is running.
      This modifies the shutter speed and will ask you to add the physical camera properties.

It would also be nice if cameras and lights weren't inundated with unnecessary vray material tabs.
      The number of tabs becomes a problem, yes, but I am not sure if I can do something about it.
      What would you suggest ?
      We do need to have the light/camera properties somewhere.

If you are seeing material tabs as well, it means you have a material selected as well.
      This is how Modo works, it will show the tabs for everything selected.

Greetings,
      Vladimir Nedev
      Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Working...
      X