Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GPU stand alone issue Vray next

Hello,
    Is there any issue with the stand alone GPU render on next ?
    I can't render anything on it. It works well with CPU but when I try to switch to GPU it's not working
    I had no issues before next release so I wonder if anybody has same problem ?

tks

Can you give us some more info - which OS, what's your GPU and GPU driver version?
    Miroslav Ivanov
    Chaos Cosmos

Comment

I m on win 10 and I use 1080 gtx.
      But when I was on vray 3.6 it was absolutly fine. I need to try with my second computer to be sure. Then I'll know if it's a installation issue or something else. Or Vraynext.

Comment

Can you first try updating your driver to the most recent one, if you're not with it already?
        Miroslav Ivanov
        Chaos Cosmos

Comment

Hello,
          So I tried to use it on my desktop computer and it's working so I'll try to update the drivers on laptop.
          ut there is something strange. It render the animation in bucket rendering not progressive, so I can't choose the time it spent on each frame. I dunnot understand, I've changed nothing in my worlkflow and I m woking in progressive mode. So why then I render in stand alone it choose bucket rendering ?
          Since the next update I have couple of issues and it really breaks my work.
          Any idea ?

Comment

It render the animation in bucket rendering not progressive, so I can't choose the time it spent on each frame.
            In V-Ray Next, we have support for GPU bucket rendering.
            This means that the Sampler Type from the top of the V-Ray Main tab in the Render item will be used to determine whether to use bucket or progressive.
            Just change it to progressive and it will work as before, when bucket wasn't supported in the GPU renderer.

Greetings,
            Vladimir Nedev
            Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Hey,

Thank for the feedback. Can you show me what kind of "a couple of issues" within the next update, break your work?

The attached file has shown where you can change the time for each render RT GPU has had its own panel set-up!

Cheers
              Attached Files
              Last edited by boyan; 17-09-2019, 03:13 AM.
              Boyan Nalchadjiiski | QA Engineer @ Chaos |
              E-mail: boyan.nalchadjiiski@chaos.com

Comment

Ok problem solved, I didn't knew that before standalone for GPU was only in progressive mode. So when I was using adaptative it was progressive by default. Someone just explained me that.
                Tks for the advice

Comment

Working...
                X