Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to download/install Vray 3.6 for Modo 13?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to download/install Vray 3.6 for Modo 13?

Hi There,

Where do I find the Vray 3.6 installer for Modo 13? Sorry if it's easy but I can't see it anywhere sorry.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jc3ry9f6nu...modo.png?raw=1

Cheers

Ben
    Last edited by cmscss; 15-09-2019, 09:06 PM.

We don't have an official 3.6 build released with support for Modo 13.
    We probably won't have one since we already released V-Ray Next.

We have 3.7 builds that support Modo 13 in our nightlies section.
    You can download them from here : https://nightlies.chaosgroup.com/mai...tlies/20190731
    Login with your chaosgroup.com account.

If you don't have access, please write an e-mail to support@chaosgroup.com requesting access.

You can also just change the load config, so V-Ray would load in Modo 13, if you know how to do that.
    That's the only change required.
    However, it's more hassle free to use the nightly build, with the config you could mess something up.

Greetings,
    Vladimir Nedev

Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Thanks Vladimir, what's the trick to running the installer as root on Mac?

When I switch to root in Terminal and run vray_beta_30007_modo_mavericks_x64_SOFTWARE_LIC (from inside the installer package), the installer launches but I see an error that I need superuser privileges (my main user also has Admin privileges but I'm using root in terminal).
      Last edited by cmscss; 16-09-2019, 01:21 PM.

Comment

This is a very old build that you have downloaded, we should remove it, it's for V-Ray 3.00.07, not for 3.7.

The link I have in my first message points to the last nightly build.
        If you can't see it, you have to ask support for access.

Greetings,
        Vladimir Nedev

Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

OK, I understand now.

Comment

Working...
          X