Shadow cacher alpha problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shadow cacher alpha problems

I'm not sure why but I get huge artifacts that flicker from frame to frame in shader catcher alpha channel. Never had that before.
    Its just a plane with Subdivision. Can't find the reason. Check attached image.

So only thing I found is, that it has to do with light passing through a shader with refraction...

Comment

Ok, found the bug. It is the Light cache,
      I wen through different settings, but it seems sticky.
      Hope the developers find time to fix that bug. Already wasted a lot money on the render farm to find it. Got a bad feeling about that.

Comment

Hey, Robert,

Thank you for the post. May, I have the scene file for verification? BTW, Did you try with V-Ray Infinity plane instead of modo mesh?

Cheers,
        Boyan Nalchadjiiski | QA Engineer @ Chaos |
        E-mail: boyan.nalchadjiiski@chaos.com

Comment

The shadow catcher geometry is not a simple plane. I send you the file to check it out.

Comment

Ok, I see this again in my current project. Stupid squares in the alpha. Very annoying. Still no fix?

Comment

Hey, Robert,

I've sent an e-mail a month ago, about how to fix the flickering. This might be the same behavior --> Check the LC settings.

Comment

Yes I remember, but it didn’t helped. I send you a newer case, if you want..

Comment

I think the animation issue with flickering has gone with the scene which I sent back to you. Could you please, check with the latest one nightlies build with 4.20.90 signature?

I keep the last one if it is the same.

Cheers,

Comment

I will do.. the latest nightly is 4. October and the latest change is from march.. Not sure if that changes anything.
                    Its all 3.7 for Modo. no 4.x in the list

Comment

The V-Ray Next for Modo nightly builds are here : https://nightlies.chaosgroup.com/mai...y4modo/nightly
                      If you don't see them, it means you don't have access and you have to send an e-mail to support@chaosgroup.com requesting access.

Greetings,
                      Vladimir Nedev
                      Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

and the latest change is from march.. Not sure if that changes anything.
                        I cannot include all fixes from the core in the change-log.
                        Usually it's only V-Ray for Modo specific fixes or core fixes that were reported by V-Ray for Modo users, but it's possible that I've missed some of these.

Greetings,
                        Vladimir Nedev

Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Ah ok, I requested now.

Comment

Working...
                          X