Glass Refractive issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glass Refractive issues

Hello, I have a simple scene here to show the issues I am having. I have simple Modo material with transparency but I am getting the backplate refraction coming thru the all objects that are behind the glass. I have two environments set up, one dome visible to Indirect Rays/Reflection and one visible to Camera/Refractions. I did a search and found a post from 2015 that describes Refraction/Reflections importance but was wondering if this had been updated at all or if we need to use the Environment Override with the backplate mapped to it?

Realtime Image and Render Image attached you can see the backplate coming thru both materials

Thanks
    Carter

Yes, this will happen if you have the "refraction" environment in "Front Projection" mode.
    You have to use the "spherical" projection and suitable texture with it.
    "Front projection" can be safely used only with the "camera" environment.

Greetings,
    Vladimir Nedev
    Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Think I found a nice work around. Make a plane that is behind all objects then do a camera projection of the backplate image. Assign a new material drag that above the base shader. Add a shader the new material and set it to only be seen by Refraction rays.

Comment

Working...
      X