Shadow catcher / Mate Material noisy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shadow catcher / Mate Material noisy

Hi, I have solved issue #1 with shadow catcher by disabling the reflection ability, that removes the flickering bucket problem.. Never got reflection working right anyway.
    Now issue #2 is hitting me hard now. Shadow catcher is extremely noisy and it seems not related to render settings. My guess its because rendering on black background (which is the way everyone does), makes AA think of low noise and render with less samples.
    This feature has to work. Its essential that the shadow catcher is noise free a very good sampled. If you comp it on white background it really looks terrible.
    Please fix that.

Can you attach a simple example scene that shows this issue ?

Greetings,
    Vladimir Nedev
    Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Never heard from you after sending the scene. However I fixed the problem in most cases by increasing the EIS adaptive samples. As a suggestion 8 samples are not working good enough. I usually go for 32 and get a good result.

Comment

Hey, Robert,

Thank you for the post, Could please, try with the latest one nightly build a new option "Consider for AA" was added to some of the RE check it too.

Please let me know are these helping you to fix the issues or not.

Cheers,
        Last edited by boyan; 26-01-2020, 02:31 AM.
        Boyan Nalchadjiiski | QA Engineer @ Chaos |
        E-mail: boyan.nalchadjiiski@chaos.com

Comment

Thanks for that I will test it.

Comment

Working...
          X