Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding Roughness On Top Of VRayScanned

Hi

I have a roughness map that shows up when I use VRayMaterial layer, but not on top of a VRayScanned material. What is the recommended way to apply a roughness map to a VRayScanned material?

Thank you!

Hey,

Thanks for the post. I think you have to check the Clear Coat - roll-out -> "Index of Refraction" but roughness texture effect is not implemented because VRay scans don't need.It is physically accurate material so you don't need to tweak the reflections.

Cheers,
    Boyan Nalchadjiiski | QA Engineer @ Chaos |
    E-mail: boyan.nalchadjiiski@chaos.com

Comment

Thanks Boyan - It was for adding imperfections to the model after - so car image, using VRayScanned for the paintwork, but I want to add dirt spray and dust to part of the model (a rally car). In the end, I used Substance Painter, and saved out the mask, then added in Photoshop, but would have been great to be able to layer this onto the original render.

Comment

Originally posted by peepo View Post
        Thanks Boyan - It was for adding imperfections to the model after - so car image, using VRayScanned for the paintwork, but I want to add dirt spray and dust to part of the model (a rally car). In the end, I used Substance Painter, and saved out the mask, then added in Photoshop, but would have been great to be able to layer this onto the original render.
        You need to use either a V-Ray Blend Material for this or multiple "Shader" items in the Shader Tree (which internally is the same thing).
        Your "dirt/imperfections" will be a separate coat layer on top of the VRayScanned base layer.

Greetings,
        Vladimir Nedev
        Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Working...
        X