V-Ray RT viewport update speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-Ray RT viewport update speed

The general update speed performance has largely improved since Modo 14.x. However still a huge pain is the frame change. So my test scene needs 20 sec to start (its a bit heavier) and when I go to next frame, with only a a camera animation in the scene and no motion blur, it takes like 3 min. So its faster to stop and restart. But that can't be right or?

Hey, Robert,

Thx for the feedback. Could you please check the option "This Replicator is Animated", this might be one of the reasons, or maybe it is linked to the deformation or something else.

Cheers,
    Last edited by boyan; 19-05-2020, 06:31 AM.
    Boyan Nalchadjiiski | QA Engineer @ Chaos |
    E-mail: boyan.nalchadjiiski@chaos.com

Comment

So my test scene needs 20 sec to start (its a bit heavier) and when I go to next frame, with only a a camera animation in the scene and no motion blur, it takes like 3 min.
      You don't have any meshes changing their visibility in between frames ?

If a mesh is not visible when you start RT, it won't be exported from Modo to V-Ray.
      But if you change to a frame where that mesh is visible, it has to be exported.

If it's not that, I would need a scene to profile in order to figure out what's causing the slow down.

Greetings,
      Vladimir Nedev
      Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Well guess, than you need the scene... I will send it.

Comment

Working...
        X