Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Modo Variation Gradient not equal to scene session.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modo Variation Gradient not equal to scene session.

I noticed that as soon as you close and reopen a scene any variation gradient in Modo does a different distribution. So its impossible to render frames or do render masks later. Is the V-Ray switch shader the same?

Oh sorry I was wrong. It works with Modo Variation Gradient... BUT NOT with the V-Ray Switch Material. Ever reload of the scene its been different.

Comment

The V-Ray Switch Material doesn't generate the random numbers itself, it depends on what you connect to it.

Both the Item and Mesh Part modes of the Variation texture can generate different random numbers each time you start a render, yes.
      The Item mode depends on the order and items in the scene.

In 3ds Max we have random numbers that depend on the object's name, so as long as you don't change it, it stays stable.
      But we still have to add these to Modo.

Greetings,
      Vladimir Nedev
      Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Yeah I guess the item number in Modo is quite unstable. Good idea to use the names instead. That shouldn't change. At least new names would als get a new number automatically.

Comment

Working...
        X