Lens Flair/Bloom saving.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lens Flair/Bloom saving.

So the lens flair/bloom feature is really useful in 4.0. However its easy to loose your settings. You just have to turn it off in the VFB window. Close and reopen your scene, all settings gone.
    Can we have that fixed? I really like to keep it working, and not always have the property window open. Maybe if it works in the output node, etc. Well probably with 5.0 this stuff get better anyway.

The bloom/glare settings are saved with the scene.
    After you change them, the Modo scene should be marked with * which means something was changed in it and you need to save it.

However, I am seeing some issues with the notification. Changing some of the bloom/glare settings doesn't get transferred to the scene automatically.
    You can force it by enabling/disabling the glare effect, this one always works.

Also note that the settings are saved as part of the package that V-Ray for Modo adds to the Render item, i.e. the render settings.
    If you remove this package to reset the render settings, you will reset the glare/bloom as well (which will be visible after saving and reopening the scene).

Or am I misunderstanding ?

Greetings,
    Vladimir Nedev
    Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

The main issue is, that once you turned it on, you will get a floating dialog with the setting that is quite.. annoying after a while. Especially if you set your setting and do not want to touch it again. So you may close the dialog, but that only really works be hitting the little star icon in the VFB. However once you close your scene and forgot to reenable that icon, your settings will be lost. Thats the problem. Since 4.0 its can all saved in a sperate output, which I find very useful. So I general tend to render it with the scene, but I really do not want that dialog all the time.

Comment

You can right click on the star icon to dock the lens effects in the VFB window.
        I don't think the state of the dialog would affect whether the settings are saved or not.
        You are probably observing some other problem.

Greetings,
        Vladimir Nedev
        Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Yes indeed. The problem is like that. I have a scene, I enable the Flair Effect. Close the scene. Close Modo.
          Open Modo again, go to V-Ray tab. The Flair is disabled, or if not I disable it. Then open the scene again. Flair settings are gone, all reset to default.

Comment

Working...
          X