no caustics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no caustics

I know this has been discussed a few times previously and I have read all the posts but for the life of me I cannot get caustics to show up no matter what I do - this is from a sample scene I downloaded from an older post and and they do not show - I have followed all the steps in the documentation (I believe) and I cannot get them to work - is there a video tutorial somewhere by chance? I have tried gpu and cpu - I am using vray next on modo 14
    Attached Files

Hey,

Could please enable the "Caustic option" available in the GI menu. Please note that the caustics are not rendered with RT CPU / GPU and don't increase the subdivs and multiplier too much in order to avoid unwanted behavior.

Cheers
    Attached Files
    Last edited by boyan; 02-07-2020, 02:13 AM.
    Boyan Nalchadjiiski | QA Engineer @ Chaos |
    E-mail: boyan.nalchadjiiski@chaos.com

Comment

Yep, what Boyan said, you have to render with CPU production rendering, interactive/RT doesn't have the caustics.

Greetings,
      Vladimir Nedev
      Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

ok got it - its working of course now! thank you! in the vray menu it shows "render with vray..." and then below says "render with vray standalone..." maybe it would be better for dummies like me if it said "production render" thank you again!!

Comment

Working...
        X