Fast ss material. where is fog color?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fast ss material. where is fog color?

Hi im trying to get my head around the fast ss material and it seems that i am missing the fog color parameter. i've turned on Scatter coefficient + fog color but i still don't see it. What am i doing wrong? any help appreciated.

From the manual on the fast SS shader:

"Fog Color – Specifies the inside or backlit color of the object and affects its inner translucency. Brighter colors cause the material to scatter more light and appear more translucent; darker colors result in more diffuse-like look. The Fog color is filtered/multiplied by both the Scatter coefficient and the Overall color to achieve the final result. Available when the Color Mode is Scatter coefficient and fog color. For more information, see the Fog Color example below."

Attached Files
    Last edited by duggal_cgi; 03-07-2020, 09:20 AM.

It's a but confusing because the "color mode" changes how the "Sub Surface Color" and "Scatter Color" channels are interpreted.

I've modified the code for future nightly builds, so the labels reference both meanings, see attached screen-shot.

Ideally, the label should change when you change the color mode, but I couldn't find a reliable way to do it.

Greetings,
    Vladimir Nedev
    Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Working...
    X