procedural mesh and Vray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• procedural mesh and Vray

I run into the open knife of having had a procedural mesh that caused a 128 GB Ram crash when rending.
    The issue was simple: I have quite simple mesh, that had a mirror modifier and was deformed in a group. Now it had like 5 instances in the scene. Rendering frame 0-100 was not a big deal. But at frame 600-800 along motion blur in camera caused a heavy vrscene and the memory issue.
    Its really not a big mesh, like a hundred polygons. So I wonder if that's all my fault.
    After adding a freeze modifier, V-Ray worked again as expected. So it took my really long to find out, as the file was old and worked well with Modo render.

Now the question is: Could you do something to prevent this from happening? I mean if Modo can do that with freeze modifier in the stack then why can't V-Ray handle it?
    I think this is really dead trap for every team work project.

I would need a scene to figure out what's going on.

V-Ray for Modo doesn't really know if the mesh is frozen or not.

Greetings,
    Vladimir Nedev
    Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Yeah I guessed so. Maybe you could add a checkbox like you did for replicators? So you know if the stack is animated or not. But please set it to off by default
      What kind of scene do you need? The ones with the freeze in it or without?

Comment

Both would be best.
        And preferably without other stuff in the scene, so it's easier to debug.

Greetings,
        Vladimir Nedev
        Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Working...
        X