Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRay Next Crashes When Rendering Modo Fur Material

Hi

I've got a scene where Im rending Modo Fur. VRay does a grand job mostly, but there are instances where VRay RT crashes - either crashing Modo, or locking up so that I can't even quit - A pop appears saying Modo cannot quit, VRay still active, but there is no RT window.

The last crash seems to be when I try to use Modo generated hair guides. I can email scene file if that helps?

Many thanks!

If you are using Modo's render cache, there is a huge possibility that the crash is caused by the Modo code and I can't do anything about this.
    To confirm this, you can run the following command with your scene open (V-Ray RT NOT running): sdk.rcache.print
    If Modo crashes, then you need to report this to the Foundry.
    You can also disable the V-Ray plug-in before running the command (Modo restart required), if you want to be extra sure.

Greetings,
    Vladimir Nedev
    Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Hi Vladimir - thanks for the quick reply. Yes, running sdk.rcache.print does cause a crash too. However, rendering the fur in Modo is absolutely fine. Also on a previous version of my file, I could Redner everything without any issue on VRay. It seem when I try to involve hair guides (which were working fine), then VRay crashes out.

I'll let the guys at the Foundry know what's happening...

Is there any way I can Redner out fur and use guides with VRay?

Thank you

Comment

Well, the render cache is additional code on top of Modo, so it's possible that it crashes while Modo renders fine.
        Still I cannot fix it myself.

Is there any way I can Redner out fur and use guides with VRay?
        I guess not until The Foundry fix the crash in the render cache.

Greetings,
        Vladimir Nedev
        Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

I appreciate that. I'll search for a workaround.

I've posted on the Foundry forums here, and will send them a bug report.
          https://community.foundry.com/discus...r-crashes-modo

Comment

Working...
          X