VRAY GPU crash after ~100 frames.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRAY GPU crash after ~100 frames.

Having an issue where VRAY GPU renders will crash after around 100 frames. Looked at the log, and an autosave was listed after the crash... not sure if that is the problem.

Tried running the exact same render in standalone and it rendered without an issue.

Hey,

Thank you for the report, I think this might be relative to RAM issue can you provide us more information if possible such as VRay release, HW specification, SW OS, scene file, what is the final resolution, if it is possible.

Cheers,
    Boyan Nalchadjiiski | QA Engineer @ Chaos |
    E-mail: boyan.nalchadjiiski@chaos.com

Comment

Boyan, thanks for taking the time to reply.

I can provide the scene... Just need to know where to send it. This is a simple product animation, so ram usage is relatively low.
      resolution: 1920 x 1080

I'm using vray next. latest version. on windows 10

CPU 3930k
      32 gb ram
      gpu1: gtx 1070
      gpu2: gtx 1070
      gpu3: gtx 2070

I have also had another issue with this same project that I was able to see the failure mode. didn't get a chance to screenshot it, but it was and optix error.

Comment

Hey,

Thank you for your time. You can provide a link to e-mail: boyan.nalchadjiiski@chaosgroup.com. What is the driver version and which card are you using with the renders// Is it Cuda only rendering or you've enabled an RTX option as well? If you rendering with all cards, can you disable RTX one (2070)?

Cheers,
        Boyan Nalchadjiiski | QA Engineer @ Chaos |
        E-mail: boyan.nalchadjiiski@chaos.com

Comment

Hey Guys, did you ever solve this? i've ran into the same problem. After ~600 frames vray gpu just freezes. Using a single 2080ti no gi on a simple scene.
          Portfolio - http://thatch.cgsociety.org/gallery/
          Twitter - http://twitter.com/thatch98

Comment

Working...
          X