Rendering Errors using Vray Displacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rendering Errors using Vray Displacement

I'm trying to make some procedural snow for an army of statues, but I'm getting an annoying error when rendering the effect with Vray Next for modo 14.2. My current approach is using displacement with a slope mask on duplicated geometry which works perfectly in the modo render engine. However when I convert the effect for rendering in vray I get a bunch of unexplained errors (highlighted in the image below). It almost looks like the polygons facing away from the camera are ignoring the slope mask and are getting displaced. I have tried a bunch of material options, double sided and what have you to no avial. Is there a setting somewhere I'm missing that could resolve this issue?? (please disregard the difference of displacement distance!). This happens with using modo materials and the vray material and regardless of settings in the vray geometry package. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thank you.

Click image for larger version

Name:	displace_error.jpg
Views:	331
Size:	231.3 KB
ID:	1095675

Have you tried baking out the slope texture to a bitmap ?
    If it's procedural, I am not sure (haven't checked) V-Ray will calculate it correctly given it depends on the geometry, which is still being compiled when displacement is computed.

Greetings,
    Vladimir Nedev
    Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Thank you, thank you, thank you for that suggestion Vladimir!!! That seems to fix the problem. Very much appreciated!!

Comment

Working...
      X