Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duplicate Cryptomattes

Hi all,

I have a scene that I've been importing lots of models into and they are all coming with materials. I've created only 1 cryptomatte render output but for some reason there are 3 of them in my vray VFB. I can't find them anywhere in my Modo shader tree. I did see a post that someone made where Vlad instructed him to use a couple of commands to find them and parent them but that did not work for me. I still have these unwanted extra cryptomatte outputs. Can anyone help?

Thank you!
    Rusty

I replied on the Foundry forums, so I'm just pasting it here:
    https://community.foundry.com/discus...nd-cryptomatte

If you look at the v-ray cryptomatte render output, it has an "outputs" section. VFB will show each enabled output as a separate layer.

It sounds like you just have all the outputs enabled. Is this what youre seeing?
    Win10 Pro 64 / AMD Ryzen 9 5950X / 128GB / RTX 3090 + 1080 Ti / MODO
    I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live - Jesus Christ

Comment

Hey, Rusty,

I think John and Volker answered you about it of course if that is your case unless please let me know and add more details. In case that you're used PS or Affinity, you can control the extra tag layer from the Levels option If you are using it with Nuke, that won't help you.

Cheers, and be healthy.
      Boyan Nalchadjiiski | QA Engineer @ Chaos |
      E-mail: boyan.nalchadjiiski@chaos.com

Comment

I did see a post that someone made where Vlad instructed him to use a couple of commands to find them and parent them but that did not work for me.
        Can you link this post ?

The cryptomatte item has a different "type" than normal render outputs, that's probably why it didn't work.

In order to select all the cryptomatte items, including those not accessible in the shader tree (which you see in the VFB), you need to execute this command:
        select.itemType material.vray.cryptomatte

Then you can hit delete to delete them.

Greetings,
        Vladimir Nedev
        Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Thank you Vlad. Funk posted the same thing on the Modo Forum. I don't know anything about scripts but is this something I can make into a button or something?

Comment

Sure, you should be able to make a button out of it, but I am fuzzy on the details.
            Otherwise, you can execute it in the command window ( F5 ).

Greetings,
            Vladimir Nedev
            Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Working...
            X