Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Artifacts, weird things happening in production render

Hi all,

Got another question here - as you can see this render has some funny things going on. It's using latest Vray and latest Modo. Gpu render at 4500pixels in the long dimension. The only render outputs are final color and cryptomatte. What is the cause of this and how can I fix it? Specifically, I'm referring to all the funny blocks/squares everywhere. It's like the material got dropped in those areas.

Thank you!
    Rusty

Did you use distributed rendering for this ?

Greetings,
    Vladimir Nedev
    Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

I did not. This is straight from Modo, using my gpu's. Both are Nvidia 3080's.

Comment

Is it repeatable, I mean, if you render the scene again, does it happen again ?

Greetings,
        Vladimir Nedev
        Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

I haven't done this particular one again but I can try it. On other files this thing happens periodically to those as well. Sometimes rebooting or restarting Modo helps. I haven't figured it out but I'll try it again and let you know. A can say this: I'm importing a lot of models and a lot of textures that I did not create. They all come from various places. I just wonder if I'm chocking Modo/Vray. I'm so new to Vray that I don't understand the limits yet.

Comment

You can try disabling the on-demand mipmapping. Sometimes it creates issues similar to yours.
            Also, update V-Ray for Modo to the latest nightly build if you haven't done so already.

If the issue still happens on the new builds (with or without on-demand mipmapping), you should send a scene to support so they can log a bug.

Greetings,
            Vladimir Nedev

Comment

Working...
            X