Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GPU RT preview is crashing every time

Hi,

When I start the gpu for RT rendering, it seems to work ok. Then, after I stop it and make some modeling adjustments and then restart the RT render, it crashes every time. This scene isn't very heavy with geometry or images. It does this for all my other scenes too.

I'm sure there is a simple solution. Any ideas?

Thank you,
    Rusty

ps - can you direct me to the nightly builds? Mine is a couple months old. I'm using Modo 14.2

Hey, Rusty,

Thank you for the report I appreciate that. Could please send me the scene file in which you reproduce the crashes and vrscene file as well. I prove interested in V-Ray setting and GPU settings as well, GPU card // OS // driver release version etc.

link to nightly build here: https://nightlies.chaosgroup.com/mai...y4modo/nightly

Cheers,
    Boyan Nalchadjiiski | QA Engineer @ Chaos |
    E-mail: boyan.nalchadjiiski@chaos.com

Comment

Hi Boyan,

I seem to have fixed things for the time being. I just reset modo preferences and cleared the image cache. I don't know if this fixed it but at the moment it's working fine. I have no idea why. I'm under NDA on this project so I don't know if I can send you anything. I can tell you at least that I'm running the latest Windows 10, 2 GPU's. - Nvidia 3080, 64 gig RAM, solid state storage and and storing my modo files and images on a server.

Comment

Hi Boyan, I'm looking at the nightly builds link and I don't see Modo in there. Am I missing something?

Comment

Hey Rusty,

IF you can't see it then you don't have access to it. Please ask support to grant you with it.

Cheers,

Update: I think today you should get an e-mail from our great support team. Meanwhile, please complete the information about your systems: OS, GPU /type, drivers release, GPU rendering with CUDA only or CUDA + CPU (which I recommend when you have up to 16x core) and etc. Is it preview rendering crashes or bucket? How large is your file scene? Share with us/me the RT settings / V-Ray Renderer settings as well.

Thanks in advance!
          Last edited by boyan; 26-03-2021, 03:27 AM.
          Boyan Nalchadjiiski | QA Engineer @ Chaos |
          E-mail: boyan.nalchadjiiski@chaos.com

Comment

Working...
          X