Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modo crash on Vrscene import

Hi there,

I‘m trying to get conversion of Max-scenes to work.
    Unfortunately Modo crashes almost every time I try to import a vrscene-file I exported from Max.

My setup:

Modo 13.0 with Vray 4 latest nightly build
    latest Max version with Vray 5 latest version

Import seems to work. I can see the imported mesh but as soon as I move the mouse or hit any key on the keyboard modo instantly crashes.

Any help on this is much apreciated. I have no idea what causes this problem since there‘s a few scenes that do work.

Can you try the import process on another version of Modo ?
    I vaguely remember some versions had bugs that caused problems with the import.

Greetings,
    Vladimir Nedev
    Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Thanks Vladimir,

tried 13.2 and it looks way better although for the materials it‘s not much more than a starting point.

Comment

What issues are you having with the imported materials ?
        One particularly important thing that won't import are fresnel reflection curves and RGB output curves.
        However, the V-Ray native materials/textures are pretty much imported one to one.

You can check what's supported here : https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/...vrscene+Import

Greetings,
        Vladimir Nedev
        Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Ok, looks like it‘s more a problem with badly preparated Max Scenes I bought at 3dsky.

Max gave me a bunch of errors when exporting and then there were maps missing in modos shadertree.

However the models from designconnected work great.

Comment

Working...
          X