Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-Ray RT error on camera change

Hi there,

I seem to have an issue whenever I am using the V-Ray RT in the frame buffer in that if I switch from camera view to perspective view, or any other view, the frame buffer goes almost completely black. It only returns the normal render if I switch the viewport view back to the camera. Just to note, the camera view is what I launched the V-Ray RT render from.

I am assuming that the RT is supposed to automatically update with any camera movement? What is interesting is that this only occurs when I have 'Immediate Camera Update' enabled in the Preferences/V-Ray renderer/V-Ray RT section, so perhaps I am misinterpreting this setting on my side?

The scene only has a very simple piece of geometry that is being lit by an HDRi environment map and a directional light.

I am using MODO 801 SP1, and I have attached a screenshot of the screen I get.

Many thanks.
    Attached Files

Yes, this is a limitation of the "immediate camera update" option. That's why this option exist (and is off by default).
    Basically what happens is the camera location/direction is always taken from the active 3d view-port, but the rest of the
    camera settings like field of view, etc., are taken from the render camera. So things get messed up.
    With "immediate camera update" enabled, you have to use a 3d view-port showing the current "render camera".
    This is also explained in the tool-tip for this option.

"Immediate" in this case means you don't have to release the mouse button, when rotating the
    camera for example, to see it change the RT image.

Greetings,
    Vladimir Nedev
    Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Working...
    X