Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Film Offset" not working

Hi!

"Film Offset" is not taken into account when rendering.
    If I make it a "V-Ray Physical Camera", I have the option to use "Vertical Shift", but this is not visible in the camera view and counterproductive, as the MODO camera already offers access to these values (including proper preview).
    It would be best to a) just use the existing film offset set in the MODO camera options and leave out the the shift settings in the V-Ray camera, or b) completely ignore the MODO camera options and use only the V-Ray ones.
    I'd prefer option a) because it's more consistent and makes migrating scenes more easy.
    Or even there is option c) I do something wrong or use it the wrong way and I can tick a checkbox to give me the expected result in the final render.

Cheers
    Steffen

Noone? Am I doing something wrong and it's actually working?
    This feature is crucial for architectural work.

Comment

Sorry, I forgot to answer to this thread.

The film offset is not implemented currently.

Eventually V-Ray will use modo's film offset when the camera is not a physical camera.

I like option a) that you suggest for the physical camera. This way the view-port will match the V-Ray render, for the most part.
      The final projection that the physical camera does cannot always be expressed as a projection matrix that OpenGL view-ports use.

If I implement option a) though the current offset parameters of the physical camera will be removed.

Greetings,
      Vladimir Nedev
      Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Perfect! Sounds like a good solution.

Thanks
        Steffen

Comment

Just a quick bump to confirm whether the latest beta (3.00.02) is supposed to fix the camera horizontal / vertical shift.
          I was under the impression that "(*) Camera: The rendered frame when using the V-Ray physical camera will now match the rendered frame without it;" (in the changelog.txt) could mean it's supported.
          But so far it looks like it isn't.

Is there an ETA when this feature will be implemented? It's quite important for architectural stills.

Thanks
          Steffen

Comment

No, I haven't fixed that yet. The change-log entry is about the field-of-view not matching. I should've been more clear.
            Hopefully I can do the offset for next build.

Greetings,
            Vladimir Nedev
            Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
              X