Changing resolution accross frames

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing resolution accross frames

I think there is a bug when keyframing different resolution accross frames. Only the first frame is read by Vray and all other frames render in the same resolution.

Yes, that's definitely not supported. I am not sure other versions of V-Ray can do this as well.

Greetings,
    Vladimir Nedev
    Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Ok, thanks.
      I think it's a great feature in MODO as you can have different views (for example some vertical and some horizontal) and render them overnight in one go.
      Also keyframing other stuff such as material changes, visibility, light intensities, exposure ...

Comment

I am not sure for the exposure, but animating material changes, visibility of meshes/lights or light intensity should work.

Changing the current camera can be animated as well, as long as it is not a V-Ray physical camera. We may implement it for the physical
        camera as well in the future.

The "enabled" state of texture layers cannot be animated though, as this requires exporting a different set of V-Ray plug-ins.
        You can achieve something similar by animating the opacity of a layer to 0.0, but this will force the V-Ray for MODO exporter to export
        a more complex representation of the scene, which may render a bit slower.

Greetings,
        Vladimir Nedev
        Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Working...
        X