Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deformation Motion Blur / Alembic Proxy

Hi!

I just noticed that a fluid mesh (= changing topology) that I import using the V-Ray Proxy object as an alembic cache only renders deformation motion blur if I use "Adaptive Subdivision".
    All other samplers (Fixed, Adaptive and Progressive) give me no motion blur.

I'm still trying to understand why that could be the case...

Thanks
    Steffen

This sounds very strange. We can check it here, if you can send us at least part of the alembic file - 2 frames should be enough.

Greetings,
    Vladimir Nedev
    Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Cool. Here's the full Alembic file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0f380ynhd3...osion.abc?dl=0

Cheers
      Steffen

Comment

Seems to be some bug with our Embree/V-Ray proxy integration.
        If you want to continue your work with the other image samplers, just go to
        Render item -> V-Ray RT/Performance -> Production - Embree and uncheck "Use Embree for Motion Blur".
        I will write back here when this is fixed.

Greetings,
        Vladimir Nedev
        Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Cool you found a possible reason. Would've never tried to even change this setting

Comment

So our Embree guy fixed this today. The fix will be in the next Beta build.

Greetings,
            Vladimir Nedev

Comment

Good job there!

Comment

Nice! I can confirm that this bug is gone with the latest nightly and today's new beta!

Comment

Great, thank you for making sure it works.

Greetings,
                  Vladimir Nedev

Comment

Working...
                  X