Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flickering SSS in animation (VraySSS2 Material)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flickering SSS in animation (VraySSS2 Material)

I'm trying to render out an animation (with GI) but I got some flickering on the Subsurface Scattering pass.
    I tried to check the documentation and found that I should increase the Prepass Rate.
    But I cannot find this parameter in MODO. Which would be the corresponding input in MODO?

And is there any other parameter I should change to get rid of the flickering?

Thank you!
    Zoltan

The "prepass rate" is available only when "multiple scattering" is set to "Prepass-based illumination map". It is basically the resolution at which to compute the irradiance map for the sub-surface scattering effect.

By default the V-Ray SSS2 material in MODO is set to "Object-based illumination map". To increase the quality it this mode, use the "Samples per unit area" option. You can use the "preview samples" option to see
    a visualization of where on the surface of the object, the irradiance samples will be situated.

Greetings,
    Vladimir Nedev
    Last edited by vladimir.nedev; 31-10-2014, 04:58 AM.
    Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Hi Vladimir,

Thank you for your kind answer. I followed your instructions and tweaked a bit the settings. The render came out well, no flickering anymore.
      I will post this short turntable anim soon.

Thank you again!

Regards,
      Zoltan

Comment

Working...
      X