No announcement yet.

Crashes with Ntdll.dll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So the easiest way to generate a mini dump will be the following. Download this application
    http://technet.microsoft.com/bg-bg/s.../bb896653.aspx
    1. Start it
    2. Start MODO
    3. Close MODO to get the crash
    4. Without closing the Window Error Reporting dialog for MODO, open Process Explorer
    5. Find MODO in the list of processes, right click on it and choose "Create Dump" -> "Create minidump..."
    6. Send me the generated .dmp file

Greetings,
    Vladimir Nedev
    Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Hmmm... I don't know what changed or if my Win8.1 fixed itself over night. But I can't reproduce the crashes now. Don't know if this is good or can come back any time soon

Comment

If it comes back, we will fix it.

Greetings,
        Vladimir Nedev
        Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Oops, my mistake, it was actually very easy to reproduce this when starting MODO from a debugger. The key was to NOT start RT CUDA, which was something I always did since I added the code for it.
          The crash is pretty random, because it is caused by some uninitialized memory. Could happen on all OSes, not just Window 8.1.
          Hopefully it is fixed in the 20150109 nightly build.

Greetings,
          Vladimir Nedev

Comment

Hooooray!!!

Thanks
            Steffen

Comment

Working...
            X