critical file opening and instability when vray is loaded

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• critical file opening and instability when vray is loaded

When the vray kit is installed and loaded modo will no longer open a .lxo file if I double click on it in finder. Also it leads to file save errors, even if I haven't used vray in the scene. Modo basically hard crashes from time to time. When I disable the kit and relaunch Modo then I can double click a .lxo and it will open in modo.
    Last edited by pixteur; 29-01-2015, 03:41 AM.

I can reproduce the file opening issue and I will see what can be done.

About the crashes and file save errors, do you have steps that can reproduce the problem ?

Also next time this happens, can you click the "Report..." button in the "modo quit unexpectedly" dialog, then
    copy-paste the large text field into a txt file and attach it here (or send it to vladimir.nedev@chaosgroup.com) ?

The information in this text field can be useful to you as well, even if you don't completely understand it.
    You can use it to check which plug-in caused the crash, by just searching for keywords like vray (or a short name of some other plug-in).

Greetings,
    Vladimir Nedev
    Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

No no steps in particular. I won't be able to look at it for 2-3 weeks. However it was random, I was able to save successfully 1-2 times and then a subsequent save would hard crash MODO. I wasn't even using vray, just had the plugin active. My MODO scene was simple if I remember.

Comment

Working...
      X