UI problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UI problem

Since last build (30005 but also in 30006) you can't use Modos Dropdown buttons, that offer a menu when pressing longer on the button, visible through the grey triangle in the lower right corner. I tested it in a few ways, but could find a work around except removing the Vray4modo.cfg file from the kit folder. My guess its some UI bug in the Vray layout.

This bug is especially hard for Modo user as it prevent them from saving images as layered images in the render window (modo not vray).

This causes also another problem with Modo. When Drag&drop scene files into Modo or onto Modo icon or when double click in file browser, Modo doesn't open that file anymore. I tested that on OsX, but I guess its pretty much the same on Windows.

Comment

Both of these problems are OS X specific and are related to our VFB window. I know how to fix the one about files not opening, when double clicking them in Finder.
      The one with the button menus, I need to look at, but I don't know whether it will be fixable. I just don't know what MODO is doing that our VFB code prevents.
      There is a workaround though - you can right-mouse click on these buttons and the menu will show.

Also, instead of removing the vray4modo.cfg file, you can just go to System -> Kit Toggle Enable -> vray, this will disable the V-Ray plug-in for next time you start MODO, and you can later
      just re-enable it the same way.

Greetings,
      Vladimir Nedev
      Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Ok, not the most important bug so. But good if it get fixed. I can try to ask some Modo developers, maybe they can help.

Comment

Well if things move to Qt, hopefully these glitches will go away.

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Turns out both of these had a really easy fix. One of our V-Ray for Sketch-up developers found it.
            We just needed to set a special flag of the wxWidgets GUI library that we use.
            So these two bugs will be fixed in the official 3.00.06 open beta build.

Greetings,
            Vladimir Nedev
            Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Working...
            X