progressive rendering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• progressive rendering

So I started to test that. The first thing I get is 'progressive sampler cannot be used without a memory frame buffer'.
    Not sure how to solve that?

Change the file format of the output image in "Final color output" to something different than "tiled EXR". This format switches the VFB to preview mode,
    and the progressive sampler can't be used in this case. I should probably make the preview mode a separate option.

Greetings,
    Vladimir Nedev
    Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

wow, good to know. to be fair, also logical. But as before, please setup an animation save dialog before render starts like Modo does.. it shouldn't really hard for you but helps a lot.

Also what maybe interesting is that reflection depth. Modo handles that totally different then Modo. So if you have glass doors with two glasses you need a reflection depth of 7 in Vray to see reflection behind the glass.. in Modo you can leave at 1. So if you switch a lot between both render you always have to check that.

Comment

Working...
      X