wired SSS reflections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wired SSS reflections

The issue is probably caused by me, because I don´t know how to set up a SSS material properly.
    Attached Files

Can you attach the scene ? Did you use Distributed Rendering ? It seems some buckets rendered correctly and others not.

Greetings,
    Vladimir Nedev
    Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Honestly I don´t know if it´s true or not, but someone has told me that posting files on a public forum is not save. Maybe it´s totally bullshit, but someone has hacked into my system in the past and so I´m a bit unsure about posting a scene file here.
      Can I send you the file via private mail?

Comment

What is distributed rendering?

Comment

Yes, of course you can send the scene directly to my e-mail.

Distributed rendering is network rendering - rendering one frame on more than one machine.
          V-Ray menu -> Open Preferences has the distributed rendering options for V-Ray.

Greetings,
          Vladimir Nedev
          Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

How to setup DR nodes, how to point 2 other pcs on network?

Comment

You need to have V-Ray for MODO installed on the other machines with a working license.
              Then you start the vray render server on them. More info here : http://forums.chaosgroup.com/showthr...545#post640545

And then you need to specify their IP addresses in the "Host lists" in the V-Ray Distributed Rendering preferences for the client machine (the one where you start the rendering).

Greetings,
              Vladimir Nedev

Comment

Hello Vladimir,
                Do you know if my VRay for Modo licence (dongle/hardware licence) will allow DR?
                Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Guilherme View Post
                  Hello Vladimir,
                  Do you know if my VRay for Modo licence (dongle/hardware licence) will allow DR?
                  Thanks
                  Yes, as long as you point the render servers to use a license server that uses the dongle.
                  And of course you need one license for each server and one for the client machine.
                  You can ask support@chaosgroup.com to reprogram your dongle with more V-Ray for MODO beta licenses.

Greetings,
                  Vladimir Nedev

Comment

Thanks for help

Comment

Originally posted by Mad_Dwarf View Post
                      The issue is probably caused by me, because I don´t know how to set up a SSS material properly.
                      Thank you for the scene. The bug is reproducible on both the Windows and Mac version.
                      It seems to be related to the new "opacity" parameter of the V-Ray Fast SSS2 material
                      (the opacity in "General Parameters" under "Index of refraction").
                      If you want to continue testing, just set it to 1.0 to avoid the bug.
                      We will check what's wrong and right back here when it's fixed.

Greetings,
                      Vladimir Nedev

Comment

Working...
                      X