Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Event log not updating during render- how do I enable this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Event log not updating during render- how do I enable this?

I'm just wondering how I get the event log to update while rendering? I somehow disabled this or something, and now can't see what's going on until after the render is completed.

Thanks! -g

In newer version of Vray it only pops up only on warning or error. You can make it so it's always open when rendering by going to the "Settings" tab. It's right under the distributed rendering. Where it says "Log window" open the dropdown list and choose "Always". You should now always see the window. You can also open it through the VFB. It's the little blue square icon in the bottom right corner.
    Aleksandar Mitov
    www.renarvisuals.com
    office@renarvisuals.com

3ds Max 2023.2.2 + Vray 6 Update 2.1
    AMD Ryzen 7950X 16-core
    64GB DDR5
    GeForce RTX 3090 24GB + GPU Driver 551.86

Comment

I can actually always see the window just fine- it just isn't updating as the render progresses.

On a side note...I can't seem to find that preference you're talking about...where is it located? I'm sure it's right under my nose.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Vray Event Log update.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	186.4 KB
ID:	866332
      Last edited by GidPDX; 29-01-2017, 12:00 PM.

Comment

Oops, I just noticed this is in the Modo forum, sorry. I was thinking about 3ds Max.
        Aleksandar Mitov
        www.renarvisuals.com
        office@renarvisuals.com

3ds Max 2023.2.2 + Vray 6 Update 2.1
        AMD Ryzen 7950X 16-core
        64GB DDR5
        GeForce RTX 3090 24GB + GPU Driver 551.86

Comment

Originally posted by GidPDX View Post
          I'm just wondering how I get the event log to update while rendering? I somehow disabled this or something, and now can't see what's going on until after the render is completed.

Thanks! -g
          At some point I will have to add our own "Render messages" window similar to the one in 3ds Max.
          I am not sure it's possible to make the MODO event log update while V-Ray rendering.

Currently only the V-Ray progress bar will give you real-time information about what is being the done.
          The Event Log is useful only after rendering is complete/aborted to check for statistics/warnings/errors.

Greetings,
          Vladimir Nedev
          Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

OK, thanks for the low down on that feature Vladimir. I'll stop looking for the magical setting that lets it happen.

Comment

Working...
            X