V-Ray RT GPU -> Delays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-Ray RT GPU -> Delays

When trying to render with V-Ray RT-GPU Cuda as standalone there's always a looooong delay between reaching the final noise threshold and the saving of the image. In this example here it took around seven minutes to make the final step (even longer than the whole render took) and save the image and finish the render.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Delay.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	886851

Another thing I'm wondering when working with V-Ray RT is the fact that when using the denoiser, it's not only calculating the denoiser at the end of the render, but every couple of noise-level steps which leads to unnecessary additional rendertimes, especially when rendering with higher-resolution where the denoising process can take up to several minutes. Isn't there a possibility to manually deactivate these additional denoising steps and only denoise the render after reaching the defined noise threshold, rendertime per frame or sample-per-ray?
    Volker Troy

www.pixelwerk.at

+43 (0) 664 / 3 820 810
    Radetzkystrasse 102 a
    A-6845 Hohenems
    Austria

Another thing I'm wondering when working with V-Ray RT is the fact that when using the denoiser, it's not only calculating the denoiser at the end of the render, but every couple of noise-level steps which leads to unnecessary additional rendertimes, especially when rendering with higher-resolution where the denoising process can take up to several minutes. Isn't there a possibility to manually deactivate these additional denoising steps and only denoise the render after reaching the defined noise threshold, rendertime per frame or sample-per-ray?
    Yes, there is an option for this:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	denoiser_progressive_update_freq.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	866445

Greetings,
    Vladimir Nedev
    Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

stupid me...was stumbeling over that setting already and was always wondering who the hell would ever need this value. That was before i was really using RT-GPU
      Volker Troy

www.pixelwerk.at

+43 (0) 664 / 3 820 810
      Radetzkystrasse 102 a
      A-6845 Hohenems
      Austria

Comment

Working...
      X