Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [3.5 nighly] Issues

Hello,

I list here the issues encountered with the 3.5 beta builds. I had several crashes and bugs but not all of them are reproducible.

> sRGB button keeps reactiving itself everytime I start a new render. In RT CPU / GPU and Production mode.
    > I had a random "bug" ( I can't reproduce it ) when I loaded a lens file in the Camera Settings, see attachment below. It appeared after the render was finished, now it works fine, I don't have this message anymore.

Click image for larger version

Name:	lens_file_bug.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	15.2 KB
ID:	887099

Another random bug which occurs during RT session. Modify the material settings seems to be the trigger, the crash happened when I modified diffuse color and glossiness value.

Click image for larger version

Name:	random_bug_001.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	25.3 KB
ID:	866837

Comment

Originally posted by John_Do View Post
      Another random bug which occurs during RT session. Modify the material settings seems to be the trigger, the crash happened when I modified diffuse color and glossiness value.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]36542[/ATTACH]
      Have you tried the nightly builds from 2017.03.02.
      They have a potential fix for this issue, it's not mentioned in the change-log, since I wasn't sure it fixes the issue, but it did improve things when I tested, meaning I couldn't reproduce this particular crash anymore.

Greetings,
      Vladimir Nedev
      Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

I downloaded it and played 30min with it, no bug yet. I'll let you know if I have again this specific bug.

What about the sRGB button issue ? I have the same problem in the new build, it's really annoying when you want to use curve+LUT or OCIO for tonemapping and previz in display space ( if it's a bug and not a feature, otherwise have the ability to disable it would be great )

Another little thing, is it possible to display a warning message when launching RT for the first time of the session, if denoiser is enabled ? Let me explain why : I was using RT and was looking for nearly 15 min why it freezed so often while I moved the camera in Modo viewport...until I saw that it was the denoiser fault.

I don't know if it makes sense but it could be useful for new users, or distracted ones

Comment

Originally posted by John_Do View Post

Another little thing, is it possible to display a warning message when launching RT for the first time of the session, if denoiser is enabled ? Let me explain why : I was using RT and was looking for nearly 15 min why it freezed so often while I moved the camera in Modo viewport...until I saw that it was the denoiser fault.

I don't know if it makes sense but it could be useful for new users, or distracted ones
          Maybe if/when there is a preset system for different render settings, this can be incorporated? It would make sense if the RT CPU/RT GPU version had a preset that was just for quickest preview/interaction and had denoiser off by default.

Comment

> sRGB button keeps reactiving itself everytime I start a new render. In RT CPU / GPU and Production mode.
            This should be fixed in the 2017.03.11 nightly build.

Greetings,
            Vladimir Nedev
            Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Working...
            X