Immediate Camera Update -> Perspective Viewport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Immediate Camera Update -> Perspective Viewport

The "Immediate Camera Update" would add significantly more responsiveness to V-Ray RT but has the problem that it's not only rendering the defined camera, but every viewport you click in. This wouldn't be that much of a problem, but there's a huge difference between what the perspective viewport and what the rendered version of it looks like.

Password: ICU
    Volker Troy

www.pixelwerk.at

+43 (0) 664 / 3 820 810
    Radetzkystrasse 102 a
    A-6845 Hohenems
    Austria

Hey Volker,

Thanks for your feedback. Yep, we working on this issue. Meanwhile, you can use a pause button while using the UI, and when you need to render it just move to Camera view and run restarts.
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3...m4xU2JNcHh3TWM

Keep posting!

BR. Boyan
    Boyan Nalchadjiiski | QA Engineer @ Chaos |
    E-mail: boyan.nalchadjiiski@chaos.com

Comment

Hey Boyan, to be honest, I think this workaround is more trouble than it's worth

If I was going to use a workaround, I would probably map the following command to a hotkey (or in a custom pie menu):

Code:
      user.value vray.rt.immediateCameraUpdate ?+
      This will let you toggle the preference on and off on the fly, without pausing or having to press restart.
      Win10 Pro 64 / AMD Ryzen 9 5950X / 128GB / RTX 3090 + 1080 Ti / MODO
      I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live - Jesus Christ

Comment

Actually we are not working on this issue, it's impossible to fix.
        The Immediate Camera Update is a hack to work-around the fact that when you move the camera, MODO doesn't update the camera transform channels until you release the mouse button.
        The Immediate Camera Update follows your current 3D viewport ( which includes UV and perspective views) through another API (not the channels API),
        where it can query for the new values of the transformation immediately.

Greetings,
        Vladimir Nedev
        Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

I wouldn't mind if this hack follows every other viewport than the camera, if it would represent the perspective view correctly like it does with every camera-item in your scene.
          Volker Troy

www.pixelwerk.at

+43 (0) 664 / 3 820 810
          Radetzkystrasse 102 a
          A-6845 Hohenems
          Austria

Comment

Originally posted by pixelwerk View Post
            I wouldn't mind if this hack follows every other viewport than the camera, if it would represent the perspective view correctly like it does with every camera-item in your scene.
            It might be possible to improve this, I will log it as an issue.

Greetings,
            Vladimir Nedev
            Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Working...
            X