X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stuck licenses after upgrading to Online License Server 4.3.1

I uprgraded the license server to 4.3.1 from 4.1.0_2016

Now I cannot use V-ray at all

I had licenses borrowed with 4.1 (modo and rhino beta).

from localhost:30304 under offline licensing it says no borrowed licenses

I went to my.chaosgroup.com and it now shows 2 license servers but I am on the same computer

the first one 4.1.0_2016 has a box saying "borrowed" next to it.

So clearly the licenses are held in the 4.1.0_2016 licese server.

So I re-installed 4.1 but it still won't unstick the licenses

I also de-activated the new license server (4.3.1) but that won't work either

obviously i should have returned the licenses before upgrading the license server but there was no warning

I have already created a support ticket #322476

unfortunately it's 4 am in Bulgaria so I wont get a response for several hours

does anybody have a suggestion?

If the licenses are truly stuck, I think only support can dis-engage them at this point.
    We might be working on a solution to allow you to do this manually in the future, but I am not completely sure.

Greetings,
    Vladimir Nedev
    Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Originally posted by vladimir.nedev View Post
      If the licenses are truly stuck, I think only support can dis-engage them at this point.
      We might be working on a solution to allow you to do this manually in the future, but I am not completely sure.

Greetings,
      Vladimir Nedev
      1. Support still hasn't contacted me yet and it looks like it's the end of the business day over there. How long does it take?

2 you have to allow us to deactivate the license on our end. Other software lets you do this without a problem.

3. this licensing system is really bad and you have to re-think it. it is not sustainable to work like this. something of this nature should not have occured over such a simple task.

Comment

1. The business day doesn't end for another two hours here.

3. I believe the change was made precisely to reduce the frequency of this issue.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

We have just replied to your e-mail regarding the licensing issue in ticket #322476

Mihail Kuzev
          Chaos Support
          Last edited by mihail_kuzev; 06-03-2017, 07:03 AM. Reason: Signature

Comment

Originally posted by mihail_kuzev View Post
            We have just replied to your e-mail regarding the licensing issue in ticket #322476

Mihail Kuzev
            Chaos Support
            yes i just got it. the de-activation worked.

going forward what should be done to avoid this issue?

of course I know to return the licenses before upgrading the license server in the future.

are there any other known situations to avoid from the users perspective?

Comment

Originally posted by iamlifo View Post
              yes i just got it. the de-activation worked.

going forward what should be done to avoid this issue?

of course I know to return the licenses before upgrading the license server in the future.

are there any other known situations to avoid from the users perspective?
              Thank you for the feedback! This is a known issue and our developers are working to resolve it in the upcoming releases of the "V-Ray Online License Server".

Comment

Working...
              X