UDIM's off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UDIM's off

Hi Vray community, I'm new to Vray running (3.4002 w Modo 10.2 v2). Not sure why the Vray RT is not displaying the UDIM maps incorrectly.
    The Modo Preview, in the back ground, shows them as they should be. Kinda weird and has got me stumped.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers - F
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-04-08 at 10.30.15 PM.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	401.2 KB
ID:	887467

Please send me the scene and I will check if it's a bug or something unsupported in V-Ray.

Greetings,
    Vladimir Nedev
    Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

The UDIM setup you've used, where each UDIM texture has a separate layer in the Shader Tree, is not supported by V-Ray for MODO at the moment.
      I will make a note to fix this, but note that this setup might be less efficient than using an image folder, so even when it's fixed it's better not to use it.

To use an image folder, you need to select this option in the Add Layer menu:

Name:	udim_add_layer.png
Size:	15.5 KB
ID:	867404

You can choose one or all UDIM textures, it doesn't matter for V-Ray. It will load everything at render time, even if you don't include it in the MODO image folder.

You get this result:

Name:	udim_folder.PNG
Size:	317.4 KB
ID:	867405

Greetings,
      Vladimir Nedev
      Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Hi Vladimir, thanks for looking into this.
        Yes, I am getting this result but it only works for me if I load the images inside the material group mask using the Image/Load UDIMs option, as you outlined. Before I was loading the images first into the Clip Browser (as demonstrated on The Foundry web sit) and using the Image/Load With Clip Browser option, in the material mask. Your way is more efficient and, more importantly, it works!
        Thanks again for all your help - F

Comment

Working...
        X