Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Duplicate proxy meshes not render on DR render node, the proxy mesh is missing on the

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duplicate proxy meshes not render on DR render node, the proxy mesh is missing on the

Duplicate proxy meshes not render on DR render node, the proxy mesh is missing on the final rendered image!?!?

1. Create simple Sphere mesh - Shift+click.
    2. Select the Sphere mesh and export as v-ray proxy.
    3. Right click on the Sphere mesh and duplicate as Instance or just Duplicate.
    4. Render with Standalone from v-ray menu, chose Production and Use Distributed Rendering.

The result if we just Use Local Machine, everything is fine, but if we add render node + Use Distributed Rendering on the buckets from Render node the duplicated proxy mesh is missing!

Tested with the latest night build 35201!

I am just wondering what I shud do if I have an Exterior scene...

Cheers!
    Last edited by gbaggins; 04-05-2017, 03:09 AM.

Hey gbaggins,

Thank you for the feedback. Can you provide us a scene file because I can not reproduce? I also, as attached file send you my scene file to check and compare with your's workflow.

Cheers,
    ================================================== ==============================
    OK, it seems the issue can not be recreated on WIN 10 | MODO 11.01 | V-Ray build # 27361 20170420.

!!! But I can reproduce the behavior on MAC 10.12 | MODO 11.01 | V-Ray build # 27361 20170420.

It looks like DR regression in 3.50.01 on MAC because you can not reproduce in 3.40.03.

Keep you posted about it.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by boyan; 24-04-2017, 07:19 AM.
    Boyan Nalchadjiiski | QA Engineer @ Chaos |
    E-mail: boyan.nalchadjiiski@chaos.com

Comment

I'm using MAC OS Mavericks as a workstation - modeling texturing etc.
      As render nodes I'm using 2 x Win 10, or 4x Xeon on 3GHz, 48 threads mainly for rendering.
      Those Wins has a dual TITAN GTX with 6GB RAM each eventually for GPU rendering...
      The problem exists for me.
      On distributed render, the duplicate/instance copied proxy mesh is missing!

Comment

Hey gbaggins,

Thank you for the details. Well, to avoid the behavior you have few options:
        1. Set-up MAC as a render slave server and render on Windows.
        2. In case that you want to continue to use MAC as primer render use V-Ray 3.40.03 builds.The last safe to use is this one: https://nightlies.chaosgroup.com/mai...tlies/20170222
        3. Enable "Use local machine option" while DR is used on MAC and RT is ON.
        Keep you posted about it.

Cheers,
        Last edited by boyan; 26-04-2017, 02:57 AM.

Comment

Windows as a workstation, you're kidding right ...
          All my files are on MAC OS and I'm tired of double click and all that time to looking for the right folder with the right file name, that's exhausting and time-consuming.

I tried also Linux as a file server and render node, but the problem with the different brightness on the rendered buckets persist and on the CPU Adaptive and Progressive rendering as well... well for me MAC OS is the best solution for now.

One other think, what about if I need to build on MAC (modeling, texturing) and also to see the result from Windows render nodes rendering the image on the same MAC OS?
          It was a solution and it works very well on 3.40.03 but there is a few limitations wich is important and fixed at any next night build, but other functions that are working in the early build is broken...

I'm hoping guys at you are going to fix these problems in the next few weeks.

Cheers!
          Last edited by gbaggins; 04-05-2017, 03:09 AM.

Comment

Hey gbaggins,

Thank you for the feedback.

Well, you can use the latest build on MAC with DR CPU mode but you should enable the option "use local machine" option. In this case, I did not reproduce the issue with proxy instances.

Regards,

Comment

Hey Boyan,
              you did not reproduce the issue with proxy instances but they from support@ did. Everything happens from MAC OS (local) to Win (render nodes). Windows Render nodes do not render the instances or duplicated proxy mesh!

Cheers

Comment

Hey gbaggins,

Thank you for the comments. Yep, I agree with you there is an issue when the render starts on MAC and two or more proxy objects using the same *.vrmesh file. So, to avoid it assign to proxy *.vrmesh file with a unique name.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B30...ew?usp=sharing

Cheers,

Comment

Hey boyan,
                  I saw your movie example, but I have a question:
                  You assign the same mesh copied on the folder twice, with a different name, am I right?
                  That means that if I have an exterior scene, and I need to copy manually all that I have exported and assigned it again each of it to a new V-ray proxy meshes and also to place it in the right position in MODO... I'm going to buy a license to 3DS Max...
                  Where is the easy way here?
                  Does it have to work this way?

Regards,

Comment

Hey gbaggins,

Thank you for the post. Yep, sorry for your struggles. I've tried to make some workaround but anyway. Keep you posted.

Cheers,

Comment

Working...
                    X