Focus on V-Ray GPU...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Focus on V-Ray GPU...

I'd say Modo's Achilles heel is a lack of any kind of GPU rendering. While rendering with V-Ray CPU is very much on par (better in some cases) than Modo's native renderer, my request would be to put significant focus of dev energy on V-ray RT GPU for Modo. The closer we can bring GPU rendering to the quality we're seeing with CPU rendering the better. The production speeds are just too significant to overlook and gpu rendering just doesn't seem to be a priority of the Modo devs. Octane integration is poor IMO and where V-Ray really shines is with how well integrated it is with Modo.
    Carson Jones
    Toronto, Canada.

V-Ray RT GPU for MODO depends on the development of V-Ray RT GPU in general. The connections to the different packages is a result of that. At the end, more or less, it's the rendering of a .vrscene-file in all packages (don't know if the 3DS MAX version is skipping this export-step) so we as MODO users won't see an earlier version of V-Ray RT-GPU than users of other packages, and I think the MODO userbase is a minority in the V-Ray universe, even though we have the most user-friendly connection of all the packages V-Ray serves.
    Volker Troy

www.pixelwerk.at

+43 (0) 664 / 3 820 810
    Radetzkystrasse 102 a
    A-6845 Hohenems
    Austria

Comment

+1

Seems Chaos Group is fairly committed to making Vray GPU as robust and feature rich as the CPU version already, but for what it's worth I'd say yes, please keep developing heavily for the GPU side of things.
      Last edited by GidPDX; 28-02-2017, 12:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X